The PBR Running Club
Join a supportive community of other Pittsburgh runners, get coaching from our expert team of mentors, and have fun!
We strongly believe that everyone can benefit from participating in running or walking in a group. The camaraderie and support is amazing; and many of us have made friends that will last a lifetime. Whether you are new to running or an experienced veteran (runner or walker), we would love for you to join us.
Our Coaches & Mentors
PRO BIKE+RUN currently has 4 USA Track & Field Certified Coaches on staff; 2 Certified Personal Trainers; 3 RRCA Certified coachs and 2 mentors who are RRCA Certified as well. Collectively, our coaches have over 50 years of expertise on the high school, collegiate and adult coaching level and have coached 1000’s of runners to personal best times, or simply offered them the encouragement they needed to begin.
Additionally, we have over 30 mentors who serve as store ambassadors on group runs and lead our pace groups. They are an invaluable resource for our runners and we take great pride in their support and dedication to the running community of Pittsburgh.
Pro Bike + Run offers free and open group runs/walks 4 days a week between our 3 runing store locations.
- Monday Fun Runs – 6:00 pm organized by the Squirrel Hill store. Check event calendar for details and locations.
- Tuesday Run/Workout – 6:30 pm in the Robinson area
- Wednesday Fun Runs – 6:00 pm from our Monroeville location and 6:30 from our Squirrel Hill location.
- Saturday Group Run Information – 8:00 am in the Pittsburgh area. Location varies by week. See schedule below.
- CLICK HERE to see our entire run and events calendar.
CLICK HERE for a brief article on how to figure out your ideal training paces so that when you arrive at one of our runs, you are all set to go.
- PBRRC technical training t-shirt
- Complimentary pair of Feetures Elite running socks
- 10% off regular priced shoes and apparel
- 10% off regular priced accessories and nutrition
- 10% off bike accessories and apparel
- 10% off bikes (Exclusions apply, see store for details)
- Discounts on PBRRC Training Programs
- Exclusive members only events in our stores.
- Access to our exclusive PBRRC online apparel sales.
- Discounts on Lightspeed Race Management Races
Throughout the year, PRO BIKE+RUN offers a variety of training programs for runners and walkers of all abilities who want to reach their personal best.
- Full & half marathon training programs every winter/spring for the Pittsburgh Marathon
- 19 weeks of training to help you achieve your perfect race.
- Coaches and mentors are there for you every step of the way.
- Begin to Win 5k / 10k training program
- Our program for new runners or those getting back to running.
- Your coaches will be there for you every step of the way and help you achieve your running goals.
- Program runs 3 times each year. Winter, Spring and Summer
- Fall Distance training program for 5k through half marathon
- Similar to our marathon program but on a smaller scale.
- Private Coaching
- The certified coaches at Pro Bike + Run offer personalized coaching services in addition to our other programs.
- They will sit down with you and develop a fully customized plan tailored to your specific running or racing goals.
- For information on these services, please contact Matt Imhof, Director of Running Operations and he will be in touch with you to set up an appointment.
Our Pacing Philosophy
We believe that there is a proper pace for every runner. Whether racing, easy or workout day we believe that finding that pace is essential for training success.
Our coaches utilize the Jack Daniels VDOT pacing tables, mentioned in the above article, to help guide our runners. These tables were developed to assist runners & walkers of all abilities in helping them find their proper training paces for all types of workouts.
- Easy Pace
- Tempo/threshold runs
- Interval Runs
- Repetition workouts
CLICK HERE to access the pace tables and find out your ideal pace for every workout.
Our Online Forum
Our training group has a very active Facebook Training page were we talk about our favorite hobby, passion, obsession (for some) – RUNNING! And walking also. From motivation and support to training tips and races ideas, we are all there for each other and have become a second family.
CLICK HERE if you would like to join the conversation.