2020 Full & Half Marathon Training
Programs for runners & walkers of all ability levels.
2020 Marathon Training Registration will open mid October 2019
The goal of all our training programs is to assist runners of all abilities in achieving their personal best.
If you have ever dreamed of running a full or half marathon, or would like to run your best race ever, then we invite you to join us this winter as we get ready for the 2020 Pittsburgh Marathon.
Whether you simply want to finish your first race, or you want to improve your performance and run faster, we can help you. With expert coaching, incredible support and encouragement from experienced mentors and with education and guidance every step of the way; you will be part of an environment that is second to none in Pittsburgh.
Over 300 runners of all abilities trained with us in 2019 and this year promises to be bigger and better than ever. For the fourth year in a row, Pro Bike + Run is proud to be the platinum sneaker sponsor and exclusive training program of Run to Cure Cystic Fibrosis.
Once you register, you will begin receiving our weekly newsletter with all the details on what’s happening, when, where and how. So don’t wait, see all the details below and come join us this year as we run towards May 6th.
PROGRAM FEE – $125
Registration is coming in mid October 2019! Running with a group through the cold of winter can be just the motivation you might need to achieve your dreams so don’t wait. Register today and begin your journey with us.
** PLEASE NOTE: registration does not include race registration. Runner is responsible to register for race on their own.
Join us in supporting our community:
As the platinum sponsor of the Run to Cure CF team, we know it’s all about perspective. It may be hard to get up for a 5 AM run. But knowing you’re running to support patients who wake up everyday just to survive will make it all worthwhile! Learn how you can join the team for this year’s race.
NEW THIS YEAR: Commemorative Hi Viz, weather resistant and reflective jacket with Pro Bike + Run Running Club logo.
- 2020 Membership in the Pro Bike + Run Running Club (a $50 value)
- Complimentary pair of Feetures running socks (a $16 value)
- 19 or 12 week training plan developed by our very own USA Track & Field Certified Coaches – based on your ability.
- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced mileage schedules for both the half and full distances.
- Saturday Group runs lead by our certified coaches and trained program mentors
- Mid week group runs at all four of our run shop locations in Robinson, Squirrel Hill, Monroeville and North Park
- Exclusive periodic sales and events
- Priority registration to store programs and races
- Raffles at select Saturday group runs (must be present to win)
- More benefits being added every day so stay tuned for updates!
Pro Bike + Run Benefits
- 15% off regular priced shoes and apparel throughout the program*
- 15% off regular priced accessories and nutrition throughout the program
- 15% off bike accessories and apparel throughout the program
- 10% off bikes (up to $1000 value)
- *Exclusions apply, see store for details
- * After the marathon, regular PBRRC discounts apply for the remainder of the year.
- All program participants will receive exclusive additional discounts for our Pro Bike + Run winter series races presented by Pro Bike + Run Timing & Race Management.* These include:
- Trot for Tots – Sunday, December 8, 2019
- Frigid 5 Mile – Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Spring Thaw – Saturday, February 22, 2020 (10, 15 and 20 miles)
- Just A Short Run – Saturday, March 28, 2020 (5k, 8k, Half Marathon and 30k)
- Two Face 10K – Saturday, August 8, 2020
- *Discounts will be sent after registration through our program newsletter
* Some exclusions apply, see store for details.
Over the past several years, our friends at Faster have helped us immensely with our cross training through their excellent EFX classes. Now they are taking it to the next level with 2 great discounts for us.
- OPTION 1
- All In Package: 4 personal training session / month, unlimited classes, and 1 Inbody Scan. Month to month membership at $150/ month with no long term commitment. Reg price $315/month.
- OPTION 2
- The Punch Pass: 5 personal training session and 10 classes which can be used to supplement your training $200. Reg. price $375
Please Note: Both offers are good at either their Robinson or South Pointe locations.
Additionally, every runner will receive:
Additionally, every runner will receive:
- Coached interval/speed workouts every Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Detailed maps and turn by turn directions for long runs.
- Aid stations with water and other nutrition items as long runs grow longer.
- Special clinics and education sessions on all aspects of training to keep you safe, healthy and on track as you strive towards your goal. Training methodologies, nutrition, injury rehab, injury prevention, yoga, Good Form Running, & more!
- Weekly newsletter to keep you on track and up to date
- Access to our Facebook Training Forum which always has excellent running discussion and encouragement.
- Opportunities to win great products, test run great shoes and discounts on select products through the program.
- Access to our extensive network of health and fitness providers to get you to the finish line healthy and ready to do your best including Nutrition Check Up, NovaCare Physical Therapy, Faster Pittsburgh, Alderson Endurance & Wellness, East Suburban Sports Medicine and more.
- Post race party to celebrate all your hard work and accomplishments.
- And much more!!!