2018 Full & Half Marathon Training
Programs for runners & walkers of all ability levels.
The goal of all our training programs is to assist runners of all abilities in achieving their personal best.
If you have ever dreamed of running a full or half marathon, or would like to run your best race ever, then we invite you to join us this winter as we get ready for the 2018 Pittsburgh Marathon.
Whether you simply want to finish your first race, or you want to improve your performance and run faster, we can help you. With expert coaching, incredible support and encouragement from experienced mentors and with education and guidance every step of the way; you will be part of an environment that is second to none in Pittsburgh.
Over 150 runners of all abilities trained with us in 2017 and this year promises to be bigger and better than ever. New this year, Pro Bike + Run is the official training program of St. Jude Heroes and we are also a platinum sponsor of Run to Cure Cystic Fibrosis. We are so excited to be supporting these amazing programs and that we will be able to help them Run for A Reason this season.
Once you register, you will begin receiving our weekly newsletter with all the details on what’s happening, when, where and how. So don’t wait, see all the details below and come join us this year as we run towards May 6th.
Register Now – Only $100
Registration is now open so don’t wait! Running with a group through the cold of winter can be just the motivation you might need to achieve your dreams so don’t wait. Register today and begin your journey with us.
Join us in supporting our community:
We are proud to be the official training program sponsor for St. Jude Heroes. As a St. Jude Hero, you can raise funds while you train for the race. Click to learn more about how you can join the fight against childhood cancer.
As the platinum sponsor of the Run to Cure CF team, we know it’s all about perspective. It may be hard to get up for a 5 AM run. But knowing you’re running to support patients who wake up everyday just to survive will make it all worthwhile! Learn how you can join the team for this year’s race.
- Full 2018 Membership in the Pro Bike + Run Running Club #PBRRC
- Commemorative technical training t-shirt (a $20 value)
- Complimentary pair of Feetures Elite running socks (a $16 value)
- 19 week training plan developed by our very own USA Track & Field Certified Coaches – based on your ability.
- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced mileage schedules for both the half and full distances.
- Saturday Group runs lead by our certified coaches and trained program mentors
- Mid week group runs at all three of our run shop locations in Robinson, Squirrel Hill and Monroeville
- Exclusive periodic sales and events
- Priority registration to store programs and races
- Weekly raffles at Saturday group runs (must be present to win)
- Monthly bagel and coffee Saturdays.
- More benefits being added every day so stay tuned for updates!
Pro Bike + Run Benefits
- 15% off regular priced shoes and apparel throughout the program*
- 15% off regular priced accessories and nutrition throughout the program
- 15% off bike accessories and apparel throughout the program
- 10% off bikes
- *Exclusions apply, see store for details
- * After the marathon, regular PBRRC discounts apply for the remainder of the year.
Lightspeed Race Management Benefits
- All program participants will receive exclusive additional discounts for our Pro Bike + Run winter series races presented by Lightspeed Race Management.*
- Lightspeed Race Management Races for 2018 include: ◦
- Trot for Tots – Sunday, December 10, 2017
- Frigid 5 Mile – Sunday, January 14, 2018
- Spring Thaw – Saturday, February 24, 2018 (10, 15 and 20 miles)
- Just A Short Run – Saturday, March 31, 2018 (5k, 8k, Half Marathon and 30k)
- Two Face 10K – Sunday, August 12, 2018
- *Discounts will be sent after registration through our program newsletter
* Some exclusions apply, see store for details.
Over the past several years, our friends at Faster have helped us immensely with our cross training through their excellent EFX classes. Now they are taking it to the next level with 2 great discounts for us.
- Option 1
- The Complete Package – They are offering all registered participants 40% off on a 3 month all inclusive cross training program that includes 24 personal training sessions over 3 months (two days a week), 4 InBody scans (https://www.inbodyusa.com/pages/inbody270) , unlimited EFX/MFX classes for the entire 3 months. Normally $855 but will be discounted to $500.
- Option 2
- 20 class punch card – They are offering all registered participants 50% off of a MFX/EFX class pass. Normally $400 for 20 classes but will be discounted to $200 for 20 classes. (classes expire after marathon)
Please Note: Both offers are good at either their Robinson or South Pointe locations.
Additionally, every runner will receive:
Additionally, every runner will receive:
- Coached interval/speed workouts every Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Detailed maps and turn by turn directions for long runs.
- Aid stations with water and other nutrition items as long runs grow longer.
- Special clinics and education sessions on all aspects of training to keep you safe, healthy and on track as you strive towards your goal. Training methodologies, nutrition, injury rehab, injury prevention, yoga, Good Form Running, & more!
- Weekly newsletter to keep you on track and up to date
- Access to our Facebook Training Forum which always has excellent running discussion and encouragement.
- Opportunities to win great products, test run great shoes and discounts on select products through the program.
- Access to our extensive network of health and fitness providers to get you to the finish line healthy and ready to do your best including Nutrition Check Up, NovaCare Physical Therapy, Faster Pittsburgh, Alderson Endurance & Wellness, East Suburban Sports Medicine and more.
- Post race party to celebrate all your hard work and accomplishments.
- And much more!!!