Begin to Win 5K Training Program
Start your running journey with Pro Bike + Run.
Registration is coming in January 2020 for our next program which will begin in February. We will be training for the UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run
on May 2, 2020.
Start your running journey here!
Begin to Win is more than just a training program. It is a family of runners, coaches and community that wants to see you succeed.
If you or someone you know have the desire to start running, become more physically active or needs help meeting a running fitness goal then this is the program for you!
Whether you are just starting out, or are coming back after a layoff, our supportive and encouraging certified coaches and fellow Begin to Win graduates will be there to guide you every step of the way.
Want to learn more? Come to one of our information sessions to meet coach Kelly and get all the details.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
ASK A COACH
If you have specific questions prior to the information sessions, please contact Run Club Director and Head Coach Kelly Walburn at email@example.com.
What’s included with your registration?
- Exclusive Registration Rate for UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run **
- Membership to 2020 PRO BIKE+RUN Running Club ($50 value)
- PBRRC tech training shirt included ($20 value)
- Pair of technical running socks ($12-$15 value)
- Gymboss Interval Timer ($20 value)
- 10 week detailed training schedule with day-by-day goals
- Saturday mornings group runs at 8:00 am with Coach Kelly
- Option to run at your local stores weekly group run
- Certified Coach to guide you every step of the way
- Weekly updates to keep you on track
- 15% off regular priced shoes and apparel throughout the program*
- 15% off regular priced accessories and nutrition throughout the program*
- 15% off bike accessories and apparel throughout the program*
- 10% off bikes (up to max $1000 retail cost)*
- Exclusive Good Form Running Class
* Some exclusions apply, see store for details. Discount changes to regular PBRRC rate of 10% at the conclusion of the program
** Race Registration is not included with the training program fee
$99.00 for the 10 week program
Training Topics Covered
- How to safely begin a running program that will last a lifetime
- How to set realistic and attainable goals
- Why it is important to get properly fit for your running shoes
- Tips on winter running and dealing with the cold
- How to choose the right clothes based on the season
- Proper running etiquette, Good Form Running Class
- Cross Training & Stretching, Injury Prevention
- How to stay mentally focused when training gets tough
- What to expect on race day and how to set yourself up for success
- What to do after the program is over to keep you moving forward and running strong
FASTER is Pittsburgh’s Premier fitness and personal training studio. Their expertise in total body conditioning for all abilities has taken our runners to new heights over the past several years and they are back to help again in 2020.
- 20% off on all month to month memberships with no commitment during the marathon training season.
- 20% off all training packages and class passes during the marathon training season.
Additionally, Faster will be hosting an exclusive members only class for our program during the season to take our fitness to the next level.
Please Note: The above offers are good at either their Robinson or South Pointe locations.
Meet Your Coaches
KELLY WALBURN (Head Coach)
Kelly began her own running adventure in 2011 when she trained for the Great Race, just to see if she could complete a 5k and check it off her bucket list. Proud of the accomplishment but not quite “hooked”, she reluctantly signed up for a second 5k and ran it in a faster time. That’s when things clicked! Motivated by the ability to improve and by the encouragement of new running friends, 5ks soon became 10ks, which became half and full marathons. Wanting to help others meet their goals too, she became an RRCA and USATF certified running coach.
Coach Kelly has worked with all kinds of runners, from milers to marathoners, middle school to masters, but her favorites are beginners like you. “I love to help people discover their strength, to find the best in themselves, and to be excited about life. I love to see them Begin to Win!”
DONIES DeHONIESTO (Asst. Coach)
I began running in 2014 as a challenge to my doctors who said I would never be able to run more than 1 mile due to medical reasons. At first it was just stubbornness that drove me. However, in 2015, it stopped being about what I couldn’t do and more about making strides to see what I could do, so I started running with a program similar to begin to win. The Pittsburgh Marathon weekend 5K was my end goal race and the first 5K I completed fully running. Little did I know that would be the start of a new journey in my life.I am self-driven and fully motivated, but I wouldn’t be where I am today with out the support of the Pro Bike and Run Community, especially Coach Kelly and Coach Kim. After all this, I am ready to complete my first full marathon later this year.It is my honor to give back to this community and hopefully help shape new pathways for others interested in finding the best version of themselves too.