Begin to Win 5K Training Program
Start your running journey with Pro Bike + Run.
Register now for our summer 2019 5K training program which kicks off on July 20th. We will be training for the Richard Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race on September 29, 2019.
Set goals and achieve them!
Begin to Win is more than just a training program. It is a family of runners, coaches and community that wants to see you succeed.
If you or someone you know have the desire to start running, become more physically active or needs help meeting a running fitness goal then this is the program for you!
Whether you are just starting out, or are coming back after a layoff, our supportive and encouraging certified coaches and fellow Begin to Win graduates will be there to guide you every step of the way.
Want to learn more? Come to one of our information sessions to meet coach Kelly and get all the details.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
Click link below to register for a session near you.
KELLY WALBURN (Head Coach)
Coach Kelly has worked with all kinds of runners, from milers to marathoners, middle school to masters, but her favorites are beginners like you. “I love to help people discover their strength, to find the best in themselves, and to be excited about life. I love to see them Begin to Win!”
What’s included with your registration?
- Exclusive $10 off Great Race Registration Code – Race Registration is not included with the training program fee
- Membership to 2019 PRO BIKE+RUN Running Club ($50 value)
- Begin to Win tech training shirt included ($20 value)
- Pair of technical running socks ($12-$15 value)
- Gymboss Interval Timer ($20 value)
- 10 week detailed training schedule with day-by-day goals
- Exclusive Facebook group, moderated by coach Kelly, for motivation, encouragement and accountability.
- Saturday mornings group runs at 7:30 am with Coach Kelly
- Option to run at your local stores weekly group run
- Certified Coach to guide you every step of the way
- Weekly updates to keep you on track
- 15% off regular priced shoes and apparel throughout the program*
- 15% off regular priced accessories and nutrition throughout the program*
- 15% off bike accessories and apparel throughout the program*
- 10% off bikes (up to max $1000 retail cost)*
- Exclusive Good Form Running Class
* Some exclusions apply, see store for details. Discount changes to regular PBRRC rate of 10% at the conclusion of the program
EARLY BIRD FEE: $75 (before June 30th)
REGULAR FEE: $90 (July 1st on)
Training Topics Covered
- How to safely begin a running program that will last a lifetime
- How to set realistic and attainable goals
- Why it is important to get properly fit for your running shoes
- Tips on winter running and dealing with the cold
- How to choose the right clothes based on the season
- Proper running etiquette, Good Form Running Class
- Cross Training & Stretching, Injury Prevention
- How to stay mentally focused when training gets tough
- What to expect on race day and how to set yourself up for success
- What to do after the program is over to keep you moving forward and running strong
Over the past several years, our friends at Faster have helped us immensely with our cross training through their excellent EFX classes. Now they are taking it to the next level with 2 great discounts for us.
- OPTION 1
- All In Package: 4 personal training sessions / month, unlimited classes, and 1 Inbody Scan. Month to month membership at $150/ month with no long term commitment. Reg price $315/month.
- OPTION 2
- The Punch Pass: 5 personal training sessions and 10 classes which can be used to supplement your training $200. Reg. price $375
Please Note: Both offers are good at either their Robinson or South Pointe locations.